Mar 29, 2009

Walgreens trip: 3/29/09



I had a fun time at Walgreens today. There weren't any moneymakers really, but I had a couple items I rolled back and forth. I did all this in several transactions:

Trans 1 Edge Shave Gel $2.99
Chapstick Naturals $1.99
Total: $5.32 (I paid with giftcard, so no out-of-pocket [OOP])
Got back a $3RR and a $2RR
(You could start cheaper by buying only the Edge and then using the RR to buy the chapstick. Don't forget you need a filler item to use up the $1 difference. Or pair it with the softsoap or something else you need. They will never let you have a negative amount.)

Trans 2 6-Mentos Gum 2/$2, I had 6-$1/1 coupons
Chapstick
Used the $3RR (you would need a filler here. I had something on here I had to later return) Got back $2RR

Trans 3 Softsoap 3.99, used $1/1 coupon and $2RR (from chapstick)
Reynolds Foil $.89 with in store ad, used $1/1 coupon (made .11)
4- Glade Soy Candles, $5.99 minus $3 from ESC and I used 4- $4/1 coupons
I printed off the internet
Edge Shave Gel
Used $2RR
Total: $4.14 ( I paid with giftcard) (My mistake here was getting the Edge. If I had gotten a chapstick, I could have used the $3RR and lessened the amount due)
Received: coupon for free softsoap and $3RR

Tran 4 Softsoap (paid with coupon for Free Softsoap)
Tom's of Maine mouthwash, on clearance for $1.69
Chapstick $1.99
Used $3RR
Total $.73 (paid with gc)
Received coupon for free softsoap and $2RR

Tran 5 Softsoap (paid with coupn for freebie)
Edge
Used $2RR
Paid remainder with gc (can't find receipt right now)
Received $3 RR and coupon for Free Softsoap (I'll get it another day. Had to stop sometime!)


I don't think I have paid any OOP at Walgreens in at least 3 or 4 weeks. My gift card I am using is from my rebates from last month. Oh, and I should mention I did get back in line once so that I wasn't being rude. =)

In case you didn't notice, the Softsoap is "rolling". That means when you buy one you get a coupon for another free. When you redeem it for your free one, you get another free, and so on and so on.... They may decide to change this soon, so it may not work like that for long.

Don't forget, you can't use a RR on the same product you received it from--the new RR won't print. That's why we roll 'em! (switch back and forth) (Some Skintimates are also getting RR, but remember it is the same company as Edge, so you can't use RR from one to buy another)

No comments:

 
z