May 6, 2010

Aldi Alert

This week has $.29 avocados.
The tomatoes on the vine (pesticide-free, grown in the USA) that I love are on sale for $1.49 for a package.  That's over 50% off.  I should make some salsa...
(I think our sales run Sun-Sat.  Not quite sure, but our ad comes out on Sun.)

So I decided to look around a little more than I usually do.  Usually, I skirt the store and just hit the produce, and occasionally the cheese or meat.

Here are some of my finds:

Nature's Nectar Sparkling Apple Cider  (this is 100% apple juice with no preservatives or artificial anything!!)  $1.99   (I hope to use this to make a punch for upcoming b-day party!)

Frozen Fruit Bars (Lime Pineapple, yum!)  $2.49  Ingredients include just lime & pineapple juice, sugar, pineapple and some natural stabilizers.  Nice.

Egg Spaetzle Noodles   $2.49   

They also had a couple organic brands.  They are Special Buys, so I assume that just means not regularly stocked items.  I hope they continue getting more of these!  It is wise to remember that because Aldi doesn't take coupons, sometimes things can be cheaper with a sale/coupon combo.  But generally, their prices on these types of items are considerably less than the same item at a health food store.

EnviroKidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs   $2.49   (ok, I generally give the kids a bowl and then eat them all up myself as a nighttime snack **blush**)

Amy's frozen lasagna  (these were a single portion frozen meals)   Don't remember the price.  We don't need them, but I was thrilled to see them available.

Have you found any gems at Aldi lately?

No comments:

 
z