Mar 27, 2009

My Dillons Trip 3/25

I posted the match-ups for this week already. So much of that is stuff we won't use--you might not either. Maybe I will just mention what I found of interest. You may or may not eat similarly, but hopefully you will find some benefit from it.

I went shopping on Wed. and saved $50.89. About $38.00 was manufacturer coupons and doubling. The rest was store coupons. (the discounted price you get with your Plus Card)

3 boxes of Kashi cereal bars $3.99, used 3- $2/1 coupons (there have been better sales on these, but my coupons were about to expire)

2 bunches of bananas

Tostitos Natural Corn Chips (these are my fave corn chips, love the flavor!) $3.50 used .55/1 which was doubled to $1/1

Barbara's Puffins Cereal $3.79 (was on sale last week, boo hoo) used $1/1 (you can print this off coupons.com right now--great coupon!! Just click on the link in top right corner)

Sweet Potatoes on sale for .99/lb

2 Jars of Pace Picante sauce, used 2- $4/1 (printed off internet-gone now) overage went towards rest of my groceries. I may donate these. or cook with them-- no preservs, etc.

Broccoli Crowns

2 Boxes Kroger Deluxe Shells & Cheese $1.50 each I still debate over these. They are made with real cheese.... It's nice to have something quick for DH to cook. Not as great as Annie's, but cheaper. LMK if you have an opnion.

Tomatoes on the vine

1 yellow squash and 1 zuke

Organic Arugala-- manager's special $.99 was a little dried out, but I am going to look for a recipe to cook with it.

2 Vegetable trays-- manager's special $1.99ea maybe more than I should have paid. Kids devoured them. I took out the celery to give away, since it's on the dirty dozen. I should make my own veggie trays more. This proved it.

2 Progresso Soups (no msg, etc.) Shortcuts e-coupon $.50/1 and 1 coupon for $1.50/2

Kraft shredded mozzarella $2.19 I go back and forth on shredded cheese. I prefer Sargento, but am a sucker for a sale.

3 Organic Pears

2 Nabisco Artisan Wheat Thins $2.19ea used B1G1 coupon only 1.10 each!

Orville Red. MiniBags Garlic Popcorn 2/$4 used cellfire e-cp for $1.00 off

Simply Orange Juice w/Pineapple $3.50 used .55 off doubled to $1.00

Heartland WW Spaghetti $1.50 used $.55 off doubled to $1.00 only .50!!

2 cans Muir Glen organic Diced Tomatoes $1.79 (i have heard walmart carries these for only $1.18 each--not in rural MO, though!) used 2-$1.00 coupons (print from mambo sprouts or healthe)
I try to keep as many of these coupons as I can.

Lemishine (this stuff is a lifesaver if you have hardwater! I asked Wags to start carrying it so I can try to get it free)

Crest Toothpaste free with pg e-cp and manuf. coupon Will donate.

Gillette Shampoo free with pg e-cp and manuf. coupon. Will donate if DH doesn't want it.

My big find for the day!!
2-Imagine free Range organic Chicken Broth 32 oz. 2.99ea used cp for $1.50 off 2 They each had a $2 off your order cp when you buy a Spectrum product. So before that let's say they cost $1.75 ea--pretty good price.
I then found a jar of Spectrum organic coconut oil for $7.79 I just happened to have a $1/1 coupon. =) So take my $4 off that and it was only $2.79 Dirt cheap!!! And I was just about out.

So, all that was 65.38 I felt pretty good about it.

Don't forget you get a $.05 bag credit for every bag you bring in.

The other benefit to Dillon's, as you can see demonstrated above, is the ability to use e-coupons on your Plus Card.
Check out coupons on Cellfire, Shortcuts, and PG e-Saver Let me know if you want more info on this.

It's late. I'm tired. Hope this made sense.

No comments:

 
z