May 4, 2009

My Walgreens Trip Tonight

Had an especially fun trip to Walgreens tonight. Thought I would share, as an example of what you can make happen. Also to show why you might want to collect/save coupons for items you might not think you'll need.

I had to do this in 4 transactions. (Don't roll your eyes. That's the beastly nature of the new system.)

Tran 1:
3 Starbucks Mocha Frappucinos, on sale 3/$5, used 3 $1 off coupons HERE= $.67 each

2 Nature Made Vitamins- Zinc, on clearance $1.39, also B1G1, used $1 off coupon (could have used 2 of those) = $.20 each

1 RightGuard FastBreak Deodorant $2.99, gives $2 RR; I had IP coupon for free deodorant

Total $2.38, I used a $2 RR and paid $.38 on my gift card (no out of pocket)
I earned a $2 RR


2nd, 3rd, 4th Trans. all the same
1 RightGuard, used free coupon, earned $2 RR


So... I got all the above (4 deodorants total) for $.38 (on gc) and earned $8 in RR

It felt good......

All that deodorant went straight into my giveaway box. It will also feel good to share.

No comments:

 
z